Sunday, June 14, 2009

My weight loss goal

I weigh 192 pounds. I added on quite a bit of weight with my pregnancy last year, but was already overweight before that. Here's something I wrote back in 2001, before I had accumulated many of the extra pounds I'm carrying today...

On April 30, 2001, I wrote the following:

"I think my goal weight is about 115-120, but I am not sure. In a way, I would like to weigh less, like 110, but I don’t want to be a fanatic, who is always worrying about food and about being really skinny, so I should not get too thin. My goal is to lose two pounds a week, starting today- so by next Monday, I should weigh 146."

My goals have gotten more realistic since that time, but now I have further to go to reach then that I did back then, too. I realize now that 130 is a much more reasonable and healthy weight goal, so that is what I am shooting for.

I thrive on support and encouragement, so I will welcome any comments or people who are in the same boat and need some encouragement as well. I have spent too long wishing to be thinner, and I am ready to take action and reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photobucket
Template by f-ad.blogspot.com